St Pius X is a learning community reaching new and exciting achievements in all aspects of school life.
The students have been given many opportunities to lead the learning and use and understand the power of the language of learning. This achievement is evident in the students report comments on their learning and progress throughout this year.
Enjoy reading the students comments taken from their end of year report.
The students lead learning conversations at the end of each term with their parents and teachers. From these conversations the students set learning goals for the following term. The students are very proud of their achievements and love sharing their successes with the school and wider community at our annual Learning Celebration.
STUDENT REPORT COMMENTS
- I have learnt how to write sentences and that you have to start a sentence with a capital letter. I also have learnt how to speak in Italian and to count to 10 in Italian.
- Since the start of the year I have improved on my reading, and my favourite book is the Baby Owls.
- I have learnt how to control my feelings because of yoga. I learned about countries all over the world and states in Australia.
- What I have enjoyed this year are the swimming lessons because they have helped me to learn to swim. I have learnt about I.C.T with Mr.H and about Bee Bots.
- At the start of the year I couldn’t read or write but later in the year the school has taught me to read and write. I have learnt about adding up money and counting it in maths.
- I have learnt I.C.T with Mr H. He taught us how to use Ipads and Bee Bots and we learnt how to use computers. I like writing about my console and reading about funny stories. I really enjoy playing cricket at lunchtime.
- During buddy time I like hanging with Jake. Counting money during maths is my favourite. I have made lots of friends.
- I learnt how to write in writing sessions. I learnt how to write neatly. My favourite bit was making Apple Turtles and writing about them. In maths I learnt about money. In maths I also learnt how to count. My favourite part was the money.
- In reading I learnt how to read. My favourite part was learning about Uluru. At school I made a lot of friends. All my friends are kind to me. In sports we learnt how to skip. I also learnt how to swim.
- My favourite part about sports was when we did swimming. In gardening I learnt how to cook. I also learnt how to pick plants from the garden.
- My favourite was cooking with Bella. My goal for next year is to make more friends and to get better at maths.
- Bella told me about plants and how to cook food.
- I learnt how to read and write and to be a good friend. I like to read the book Mups. I like to count in maths. I liked the swimming program a lot and the skipping program. I like to write about my holidays.
- I love school. My friends are kind to me and the teachers are very kind to me. In ICT my favourite part is to program the Bee Bot.
- My favourite part about school is writing. I hope next year will be fun and I will learn lots more. This year was the best year I had so far.
- I’ve learnt how to read, write and mostly about money. I found out that writing was very hard for me. I think I could do better at class. I love learning to count money and adding numbers together.
- Outside doing sports is better than being inside for me. In sports my favourite thing to do is to throw the bean bags. I didn’t just like the First aid session …… I loved it! I learnt 000 and learnt how to save someone.
- I like to play games at recess with my friends. I also like St Pius X because of the students and teachers. My strongest reason why I like St Pius is because of the learning. I have learned how to read and add in maths. I learned how to make good friends and good choices. I have also learned to be kind to others. To be a good learner I have learned to listen and stay on task. I have to sit up straight to be a good learner.
- I learnt about Australia and Uluru. I have learnt how to spell lots of words and also I finished the orange word list. It was hard to read some of my books but I learnt how to read them.
- In maths I learnt what a hexagon and triangle are and also we have learnt about different coins. We learnt how to count in fives. I learnt how to swim and skip in sport. I have learnt to play with my friends nicely. It was challenging to work out how to use the Beebots in ICT.
- Next year in Grade One I want to learn to make new friends. I want to learn to spell new and bigger words.
- In Maths I learnt to count, skip count and how to use money. In Reading Groups I learnt to read. In Writing I learnt to write.
- In Gardening I learnt how to cook.
- In ICT I learnt to use computers and program Bee-bot.
- In Sports I learnt how to skip and how to swim. What I found hard was programing the Bee-bot. I found swimming hard because I kept slipping off the noodle when I was paddling. What I find hard is talking to a lot of people. I want to be better at swimming and talking to lots of people.
- This year I learnt how to how to play really nicely with Eamon.
- In writing I learnt how to write words and sentences and how to spell. I learnt how to run really fast and how to skip. In maths I learnt how to count to one hundred. My favourite thing to play is cricket. I love to play with my buddy best.
- This year I have learnt how to count to 100. I have learnt how to write. I have learnt how to read. I have learnt how to skip. I have learnt how to make friends. I learnt how to play with my friends. My challenge at the start of the year was trying to find the letters on the keyboard. Now I know where most of the letters on the keyboard are.
- Next year my goal is to read better.
- My buddy is fun and has a smile on her face. I love my buddy. I like working with my buddy as well.
- In ICT Mr H is very nice and I like him teaching us about ICT. I also like ICT because it is fun. I also like working with the Beebots.
- I love gardening because I like to dig and do garden work and I also like to cook a little bit as well.
- In Reading and writing I have learnt about places in Australia and writing about them.
- At Sport I have learnt about skipping and have been doing swimming. I also like to play sport games and running. I have learnt to skip on one foot as well. I have cooperated in athletics.
- I love my friends. My friends are caring and kind and I love to play with them, and I learnt that they are very important to me, no matter what!
- In Maths I have learnt to count by 5’s and to count money and learning about numbers.
- In 2017 I have learnt so many important things I will need to know forever. I have been learning how to make pom-poms, how to construct fairy bread, frog in a pond and an apple turtle, how to count in Italian, counting on and counting money.
- I have loved Sports (skipping, swimming, athletics and yoga.
- I have learned how to Type and use the computers and Ipads, how to use the BeeBots, how to do my timetables.
- I have learned how to log in and the passwords I need to know and my email for school.
- I have learned how to make art in Visual arts and how to play music and singing in Performing Arts. I have learned how to be a proper friend and making friendships and keeping them alive.
- I have learned about all these important places in Australia.
- I learnt how to read books like The Red Squirrel. I learnt how write this year, in maths I learnt about money and chance. I learnt how to make and be a good friend. I learnt skills to help me be a good learner.
- My favourite sport I learnt this year was swimming. My favourite thing about gardening is when we get to cook and have little tea parties. I go to reading club and read books from the library with someone.